An electric smoker is an excellent device for people who love smoked meat or vegetables but do not want to set up the BBQ stand every time. In this article, we have decided to list down some of the Best Electric smokers.
This list has been curated and created on the basis of a few key factors and most of them are all about the quality of the electric smoker. They are:
- The total capacity of the smoker: This refers to the total capacity of how much food the smoker is capable of holding food in it. Most of these machines come with a holding capacity of about 16 lbs to 22 lbs of turkey or more too. This totally depends on what kind of meat or vegetables you are going to place in it.
- Features embedded into the smoker: Most electric smokers are digital in nature. They come with automatic turn on and off. Other nifty features include timer settings, thermostat control, and much more. Obviously, more features would pile on too much more ability of the smoker,
- The Smoking fuel ingestion: The third key thing to look for is smoke fuel ingestion. While a few smokers have a slot for smoking wood placement to the side, a few will have them either at the bottom or to the top. These will let you place some wood that will get you the charcoal effect onto the meet.
Apart from these three, there are a couple of more factors that you might want to check out for a smoker. We have included all about them and a few more in the Buying Guide section of the article. Be sure to check that out as well.
Now let us go ahead to review the best electric smokers to buy online
7 Best Electric Smokers Of 2020
7 Best Electric Smokers Of 2020 Reviews
First on our list is the Masterbuilt MB20071117, a black colored digital electric smoker of the size 30 inches. This electric smoker comes in a refrigerator model but without a transparent door but is heavy-duty nonetheless.
- Comes with a digital control panel that lets you control the power functions (on and off) and also set the cooking temperature for smoking
- The panel also has a timer function to be set up as well.
- There are a total of four smoking rack shelves that are all chrome coated
- The thermostat allows for temperature changes to happen between 100 °F – 275 °F whereas the temperature control allows you to have a consistent cooking temperature.
- Has a wood chip loading system to the side that is of a patented design. It allows for you to load the smoking wood chips to the side of the machine eliminating the need for opening the door
- The whole body of the electric smoker is perfectly and fully insulated to help retain all the heat.
- Can cook about 16 lbs to 22 lbs of turkey bird or equivalent weight.
- Has a grease tray at the backside to collect extra grease for disposal or another usage
Warranty: Comes with a 90 days return window and a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
- Could improve their customer support
- Needs to work a little on the internal wiring
Next up on our list is yet another 30 inches electric smoker from Cuisinart. The Cuisinart COS-330 electric smoker has a robust design look and a heat-insulated handle for easier operation. Also, it is one of the most fervently bought items thanks to its favorable reviews and ratings.
- Convenient and easy to use of a design that is built for beginners to learn to smoke while seasoned chefs to work on it as well.
- Plug and play design come with 548 square inches of cooking space with a comfortable 3 racks stacked one upon another.
- It has a 1,500-watt heating element inside it to produce a temperature ranging from 100 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Light in weight frame of the device makes it easier to carry around from one place to another.
- It has 2 separate handles on either side for easier and better mobility
- The centrally located easy to read thermometer on the front door of the machine aids in monitoring the temperature of the food being smoked inside.
- Chrome-based door handle with spring action for easier handling
- Has a water pan and a wood chip rack at the bottom for water and wood required for smoking
Warranty: The smoker comes with a 3 years limited manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase.
- Purely electric control and no digital controls available
Char-Boli 19202101 Deluxe, a digital electric smoker that comes with a transparent door. The transparent door enables you to look at the food while it is being smoked. Also, there is the fact that the large storage and smoking space compared to other electric smokers.
- A 725 square inches large smoking station with double insulated wall construction.
- It has 4 total racks to accommodate meat and vegetables and below these grilled racks is a water storage and a wood chip storage box each for enabling the smoke.
- There is an advanced digital control panel on top of the device which lets you toggle temperature and timing settings as well. The digits are large and clear to read up.
- It has a removable and replaceable food thermometer to be kept inside by the racks.
- It comes with a very large steel locking mechanism that enables latching on to have a smoke tight seal on it.
- The system is corded without any tangle propositions thus safe to use.
- Compatible with remote control (free with only the deluxe stainless steel model)
- The grease tray is removable and aids in collecting of disposable or reusable food grease up to 8.5 cups.
- There is also warming up feature which, when enabled, will continue to keep the food warm enough after it is done cooking it
- Optional accessories include a 4 piece comfortable grip smoking toolset.
Warranty: Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
- None too specific to mention
Next up on our list, we have a tiny and highly portable electric smoker. The Landmann MCO 32954 Smoky Mountain is a tiny 26 inches long electric smoker that comes in a pith black color and a nifty glass door of a certain proportionate view.
- Comes with a unique 3 in one tray combination for smoking wood chips, water pan, and smoking tray as well.
- The cooking chambers are non-insulated and have a separate heating element with a temperature controller that is removable
- Has a damper port to the rear end of the machine but all the sides are double-walled
- All the cooking grates are made out of chrome-plated steel and the machine itself consumes about 1,500 watts of energy.
- Easy carry side handles made out of high quality wrought iron that enable easier transport
- The feet of the smoker are adjustable for accurate leveling when being used on uneven surfaces
- The transparent door also includes a temperature gauge which not only gives you an idea of the temperature but also toggles it
- A bit too short in height.
- Could have had better heat insulation for longer heating of the food
Finally, on our list, we have the Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216. This digital smoker comes with 4 racks and an aesthetically pleasing steel silver color. Also, the overall design of the smoker has a robust look to it and has an innovative wood chip insertion mechanism that gives it a must-have vibe.
- 31 inches large digital smoker with height adjustment settings.
- Made out of high-quality premium epoxy steel material with a stainless steel and polished interior setting. The entire set up is very easy to clean and maintain as well.
- Has a total of 4 food storage racks for smoking meat and vegetables etc.,
- Can smoke up and have controlled cool smoke up to a duration of 8 hours.
- Controllable temperature settings up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Has two heating burners in it; one is for smoking up the machine whereas the other is to heat up the interiors vis a vis the food
- Has a generator that goes by to the side of the machine for better digital control and toggling capacity
- The wood chipper tray is designed uniquely and innovatively
Warranty: Comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchasing
- None too specific to mention
Buying Guide: Choosing The Best Electric Smoker
In this buying guide, we are going to list down some of the important factors that you need to check for while you are buying an Electric Smoker.
1. The total capacity of the smoker
The first and foremost thing that you need to look for in an electric smoker is the total capacity of the smoker. The capacity of a smoker is dependent on mostly what kind of storage you are going to keep in it.
These smokers come with shelves of compartment much like a refrigerator. Shelves where you can place the food. While a few can sustain anywhere between 16 lbs to 22 lbs of meat or vegetables, mini smokers have lower capacity ergo, a smaller number of shelves.
The electric smoker is mostly dependent on the thermostat of the device. This will balance out the temperature of the electric smoker needs to smoke out different types of food. Irrespective of the fuel type you are using, the thermostat will help maintain the perfect temperature your food needs to be smoked at. Make sure that the thermostat also has a regulatory switch that allows you to maintain this temperature
3. Wood chip Tray/Box
A smoker’s signature “smoking” happens thanks to the wood inside it. A wood chip tray or a box is important for you to place the required wooden elements into the machine. These will slowly burn into smolders and then generate the required smoke to prepare your food.
While most of the devices come with internally placed trays, a few brands such as the Masterbuilt have their own patented models of wood chip boxes that are available outside of the machine that allow much easier wood chip management and insertion
4. Ease of cleaning
By now, you might have understood that maintaining an electric smoker is not an easy task. Your smoker should be coming with a detailed set of instructions for food better cleaning and maintenance. But the shelf and other internal parts arrangement should be convenient enough for you to make the cleaning easier.
To put this in simple terms, the machine you are choosing should come with easily dismantlable parts so that you can do the cleaning much more efficiently.
5. Greater heat insulation
While traditional smokers are heavily reliant on the wood, they are known for their heat insulation thanks to being engulfed with smoke. But electric smokers are reliant on heat generated by electricity. Thus it is vital that your device comes with ample heat insulation as the smoke required comes with only a few handfuls of wood chips or small timber blocks.
6. Good wiring
While there is no way for you to physically examine this metric, you can go to read the customer reviews to find out. Given that this is a heavy-duty electric product, it is vital that the electrical wiring of the machine is intact and reliable. This is to prevent any future short-circuiting of sorts.
Though compared to traditional food smokers, electric smokers are somewhat less pricey. But these are pricey for their own accord and given the heavy machinery involved, it is vital that the product you are picking up should be backed up with enough warranty duration. While generic brands come with at least 1 year of warranty, good brands go on to provide you as much as 3 years of manufacturer’s warranty on the parts and labor from the date of purchase.
Of all the products mentioned in the list, the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker seems to be the best pick. This 30 inches black colored smoker machine has a refrigerator model and a digital control panel. Its ease of use and versatility makes it a great choice for not just beginners but also for seasoned chefs as well. Moreover, it comes with a heavy-duty functionality and a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty as well.
While that was our list, we are intrigued by what you think. Did we miss out on anything? Or do you have any questions for us? If so, feel free to write to us in the comments section below and our team will write back to you as soon as possible.